Fans won't spin with Arduino Uno Wind Simulator
I've exhausted every troubleshooting technique I can imagine, please help! I donated to the project about 2 weeks ago when I first downloaded sim hub cause I love the idea. First project was set to be the win sim. Bought an Arduino Uno, motor shield, fans, etc. I have everything setup according to the tutorials I found online and various Youtube content creators. Flashed the Uno with the ATMEGA238P loader, it's recognized as an arduino. I have Shakeit enabled, I enabled the "Speed" toggle and ensured volume = 100% every where I can imagine.I enabled the correct motors for the shield but anytime I click TEST on the Speed toggle or individual motor nothing happens. The UI shows the activity but the fans never spin. I've tried 4 fans now, 2 Uno's, 2 motor shields and even 2 power supplies. I have no idea why this isn't working.
The Adafruit Motorshield is a V2.3 and not a v2.0 like I see in all the Youtube videos. Does that make a difference?
Here's some of the settings I have in the software:
What info do I need to provide for additional assistance? Thank you!
Hi ! could you add me a picture of the shield itself being wired ? And could you check in the log that it's the correct board being configured ?
Lately, I had people being stuck for weeks just because it was the wrong board configured despite the pictures in the setup tool:
I would also check the board outputs using a voltmeter, it's the best way to see what's happening,
About 2.3 there is no "breaking" changes about code at my knowledge.
Here's the log when I connect the arduino and some pics of the board as well. Not sure what other pictures you might want? I will say that the RX, TX and L orange lights are always on when it's plugged in, does that help any? Thank you again for the assistance.
Have you tried removing the jumper the motor shield and providing the power through screw in connectors on the motor shield as I dont believe the fans will power up if the power is routed through the arduino. The Arduino board will draw its power from the USB.
Was this ever resolved? I am having the same exact problem.
heve you fix the problem, i m having the same issue
There are a few main "known" errors :
- Polarity : the fan will only run in one direction, if fan wiring polarity is wrong it won't move (voltmeter will help you on that).
- Gain too low not giving enough power to start the fan : Make sure the simhub gain is not too low (see https://github.com/SHWotever/SimHub/wiki/ShakeIt-V3-Motors---Output-Configuration#configure-volume)
- Bad board being configured at upload (I don't know how it can happen with pictures ... but it happens :D)
- Unsupported board, "arduino motor shield", "adafruit motor shield" ... names are close, but it requires to be the exact model, not a close name.
- Unmapped effects : you need to assign the effect to the output, as it can be anything from fan to vibration motors it's not "mapped out of box" :
- Bad solders : adafruit official board comes unsoldered, but if soldering is "meh", it will prevent it from working, you can use adafruit test examples to ensure your board is working as intended: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield-v2-for-arduino/using-dc-motors